Saturday, February 21, 2009

33 Week Update


Well our little man was 33 weeks on Wednesday. Sorry it took me so long to get this up on the journal. Life has been crazy lately.


Tuesday before Jeff took off to Fort Bragg for a month, we went to see the doctor. It was kind of a long night. When we got in to see the doctor he had to take off to go deliver a baby. We only had to wait 30 minutes and he was back in his office. We ended up knowing the family that he went off to. Her husband is on Jeff's team.


By the time he had gotten back, Isaac had fallen back to sleep. He was probably tired from fighting the midwife again and the horrible doppler machine that interupts his peace. The best part of that was we finally got a really good picture of his face although the video wasn't nearly as entertaining. It was nice to see his face though. AND, what a chubby little face it is! Chubby nose, chubby lips, chubby cheeks, etc. He weighs in at the same weight as a bag of flour now! He was 4.75 pounds on Wednesday and I am sure by today he is now 5 pounds. He is growing like a weed.


The doctor did mention his noggin being large again which started worrying me after our whole scare earlier in the pregnancy with the nucal fold fluid. So, of course, I asked. He said that his head only measures a week ahead and he didn't see anything that would indicate that there could be something wrong. He even showed me the growth chart and while he is above the norm, he is not outside of the range. So, I'm relieved about that. I will be glad when this is over and I can hold him and know that he's okay.


Speaking of which, he also checked me for early signs of labor since I have so many contractions now- both regular Braxton Hicks and some more painful ones down lower on my abdomen. I am still not dialated or effaced. I also haven't dropped at all, but I don't recall dropping with Bethany either.


Lastly, he asked when we wanted to deliver the baby. He gave us the choice of April 2nd or March 26th. I was secretly hoping for April, but told Jeff to pick which he preferred. He ended up saying he wanted to toss a coin for it. He was really excited. He flipped and had me call it. I said Heads for April and that is what it was. I kind of like that so it gives him more time to come on HIS own timing rather than ours. Quite frankly, I would be surprised if he makes it that long. I think he's going to come about a week earlier, but maybe he's lazier than I think he is.


So, that is the news on our end. Monday morning I go in to finally do my Glucose fasting test. My blood sugar issues have been a bit better lately, so hopefully everything will turn out okay. Hugs to all, Jeff, Pam and Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment