
Well, it seemed to take forever to actually attend my 2 week appointment. I had to put it off for a week since I was sick and in the hospital. The good news is that I am just about over my illness. I still have a bit of a cough and runny nose, but other than that I'm doing good.
I got my test results back and everything was fine except my thyroid of course! Which is still high. I don't think it will ever level out until he is born. As for the blood sugar that came back normal even though I am still getting light headed and the severe energy drain. He did tell me that I am probably having issues with hypoglycemia and that I need to cut the sugar out of my diet. I have already tried doing that as best as I can. It's kind of hard since I eat fairly healthy anyways. It has to be hidden sugar that is getting to me since I don't really eat sugary sweets like my hubby does. The ACS RN feels that I need to go back in and have a fasting blood sugar done. My next appointment is for 6pm though so I don't think it will be done then. If I keep having problems I will call him and ask him to run the test on me again.
The picture above is of little man Isaac. As usual he was already fed up after having his heart listened to for 20 minutes and had an arm in front of his face. He is such a stinker I swear. He is still measuring a week ahead of schedule and weighs in at an amazing 1800 grams or about 4 pounds! I was so surprised since my last appointment he was around 2 1/2 pounds. The boy is huge though! He has long legs, big feet, big cheeks and according to the doctor a big head which leads me to my next concern.
Yesterday I also attended my last Childbirth Prep Class. I was seriously considering doing a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean), but after hearing how much he already weighs and how large his noggin is.... I'm reconsidering. Bethany was only 6.8 pounds when I had her at 36 weeks. So, I'm thinking that the VBAC is seriously out of the question at this point. I think I have read somewhere they in the last month they gain 1 pound per week. That means if he doesn't gain an ounce from here on out except his last month... he will be 8 pounds. Does that mean he's going to be close to 10 pounds? Holy cow. A VBAC is definitely out.
The last bit is a little video for you to watch. After the whole ultrasound, Dr. E went back to check to see if he could get a better picture of his face. This time he had both of his arms in front of his face hiding. Inthe last part of the video before he disappears he turns his head slightly and you can just make him out. There is another video to large to load that shows his long legs and his foot where he is wiggling his toes.
Overall, it was a good appointment and it went fairly smoothly and quickly. We go back in another two weeks. This will be one of the last appointments that Jeff gets to attend since he will be leaving shortly after this next visit and will return shortly before his birth....if the little tyke stays in that long. lol. He had better! I have already started coaching him that he can't come out any sooner.
Love to all,
pam and isaac
I caught a glimpse of a nose and an eye. Cute little fellow. I thought Dad was going to cry when we were watching the videos. He was fascinated and had a big grin on his face. I said "Someone is really proud aren't they?" and he replied "Well, he's my grandson." Pretty sweet I can tell you.
ReplyDeleteWe are so relieved that you are on the mend. That "slight cough" seemed to come pretty frequently when we were talking and I think it was more than just a slight cough. Get well and stay well - please.
Love you,
Mom